Hey, hey, hey!!
Roxipe is back!!
And this time it’s my favourite meal of the month, or perhaps EVER, Avocado on Toast!!
At this point, I’m sure you must be thinking, “That’s easy. Why would she put it as a Roxipe?”. Am I right? Well, of course, it’s an easy recipe and you can get this recipe everywhere. However, I put a twist on it, so that’s why I’m putting it in as Roxipe (sort of!). Oh, yeah, that’s a new thing! :))
Anyway, this recipe is very simple and you can get all the ingredients at your local supermarkets or even farmer’s markets. Here’s the list of ingredients that you need:
- 1 ripe avocado (I prefer the mushy one, rather than the semi-firm one. It’s just easier to eat the mushy one!)
- 1 piece of small French/Italian bread roll, halved; OR 2 slices of white/brown/spelt bread (I prefer the bread roll, though, much nicer!)
- 1 or 2 eggs (well, depends on how you like it. You can have 2 eggs, one for each half or slice! No one’s judging! 😉 )
- 25 grams of butter or 35 grams if you use 2 eggs (if you think this is too much, just wait till you read the instructions)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
And this is how you make it:
- Toast the bread of your choice nicely. Preferably, not too crispy. (But, you can toast the bread as long as you want to!) I use an electric oven, so I usually put the oven on 200 degree celcius and toast the bread for 3-4 minutes.
- While your bread is toasting away, prepare the avocado by halving it and take out the seed. (I’m sure you can all do this, right? I don’t have to tell you how to do it, right?) Then, strips the avocado vertically, while the flesh is still in the body. Put that aside.
- Next, fry your eggs! Use the butter to fry your egg or eggs. I like to break the yolk so that it mingles with the white, making the egg tastes better. Put sprinkles of salt and pepper on top of the egg. Fry it to your liking, but for this recipe I would suggest that you fry them nice and good, without runny yolk. And make sure you set aside some of the fried butter after you take out the eggs from the pan.
- Take out the toasted bread, put them on a plate, and lay down the fried eggs on top of each bread slice.
- Then, scoop the avocado flesh, each half for each slice, and set them nicely on top of your each bread slice.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper according to your liking. Not too much.
- And then–this is the twist I was talking about!–drizzle the remaining fried butter on your pan that you set aside earlier on top of your avocado!
- Enjoy away!!
I usually enjoy this meal with a cup of delicious homemade caffe latte, which I’m going to tell you how I make it as well. BONUS!!
- 1 heaping tsp of Nescafe instant coffee, or any instant coffee you like.
- 3 tsps of sugar (I use raw cane sugar, but you can use any sugar you like. Also, if you don’t like it too sweet, please do lessen the sugar.)
- 250 ml whole milk
- 100 ml very hot water
- a scoop of ice cubes, or 7 starry ice cubes (my star ice mold!)
To make this, all you need to do is:
- Add the very hot water to the coffee and the sugar into a small cup first. Stir well.
- Pour the milk into your favourite big mug or tall glass (I use my Starbucks cold cup, works very well)
- Pour the coffee-sugar mix on to the milk
- Add the ice cubes
This coffee mix is the best with the avocado! I love it! I could never have enough of this combo!
Try this recipe and tell me how you like it. I’ve been eating this combo since last May and I still cannot stop myself. I know that this is a very rich combo but it’s just so good!! No kidding!! Also, avocado is good for you, good fat and good taste! Who doesn’t want that!??
Anyway, enjoy my Roxipe (sort of!) and till next post!